Friday, October 1, 2021

Time to Rock October and Down Syndrome Awareness

Day One!

Hey everyone! 

It's time again to jump into the 31 Days of Blogging for Down Syndrome Awareness...31For21! 

Everyday, for 31 days I will blog about a day in the life of our family with a mom and a dad, two daughters that make the world better and one little boy with an extra chromosome that just might be the reason there is still light in this world. Side note...I am partial to my little loves and might occasionally exaggerate how incredible they truly are; but only occasionally...most the time they are as amazing as I make them out to be. Doesn't mean that they are perfect, or never have a bad day, or sometimes just aren't little butts - but these kids are the best at being who they are and growing into being the best versions of themselves that they can be; for me, that makes them pretty incredible kids. 

In the past year; we have tackled some incredible challenges in our family, and not all of it is because of a Pandemic. Life has certainly taken some turns that we never expected and some we planned for and never saw come to fruition. But I can say with great Relief and Grateful acknowledgement of a Higher Blessing from Above that has kept this family together, safe and mostly happy...through the past year. 

So as we start this year's month of daily blogs - I come to you with a 6th grader in his first year of Middle School, a Senior in High School and a Sophomore in College. Insert emoji with huge eyeballs...or I can just tell you what I see in the mirror when I think of that...me, with huge eyeballs, trying to grapple with the realizations of all this. Add to it, my Senior is one of the Captains of her Varsity Volleyball team and all the emotions that go with that...I imagine you'll hear more from me regarding that topic. Hint, hint, wink, wink. And my Sophomore is interning at the hospital as she hones in on her desire to follow a career path into nursing. Meanwhile, my sweet Bradley is tackling Middle school - really big gulp! 

Eric and I? Yeah we got stuff too. From Eric going back to work and me working from home, we are just trying to stay afloat, and stay completely engaged so we don't miss a moment of the lives these kids are living. Having a front row seat is a Blessing, but also can be a tough one to hold down, though we will never be empty nesters we will be sans two girls in the blink of an eye. So many emotions as we have to let them make their mistakes but be around to help them navigate the ups and downs whenever they come to us for help.

Anyway, I hope you all enjoy the month. I hope you pull out your blue and yellow to wear to support Down Syndrome Awareness month. I hope you share about Down Syndrome, how it can be such a Blessing to have a baby with Down Syndrome because of the great adventure of raising that baby into the incredible person he or she will become. Not easy, but so worth it! 

Welcome to the first blog in the 31For21 Challenge. Thank you for walking along with us on this path and sharing the journey. See you all tomorrow! 





No comments:

Post a Comment