Wednesday, October 30, 2019

Fire Watch. Yep, Again.

So I’m introducing Sydney to “Downton Abby”.  There are so many questions to be answered, I had no idea how hard it would be to introduce her to English Aristocracy.  But she is taking European History so in an effort to help her wrap her brain around it all; here we are, me always enjoying it and her asking me a million questions about it.  Someday, when she is older and have children of her own I am hoping that she will pass along these moments, and I’m hoping those moments are good memories.

The rest of the day was spent on fire watch.  We already were on a half day with the High schoolers because of the wind and poor to dangerous air quality.  Bradley was to be at school the whole day, which was to be until 1:15.  So I put him on the bus and then came in to watch the news on the latest fire that is a little closer than we’d like.  First came the phone call that Sydney couldn’t get her retainer today because her orthodontist couldn’t get to the office.  We’ll try again tomorrow morning.

No sooner did I get off the phone, when there was a knock on the door.  Sure enough, the bus was back and his aide was knocking to let me know that the bus was called and told to take all the kids back home.  So off I went to fetch Bradley off the bus.  He and I spent the day together.  At one point, he and I got all of his blocks and built the coolest, and strangest looking house possible, with a door in the attic and a window on the back of a lego fire truck.  When he grew bored, he decided to throw all his blocks and tiles..so it was time to clean up.  When I told him, he got down and helped me clean up all his tiles and blocks.  After all that, he wanted his movie instead of any more of  that hard work.

We had a pretty good afternoon, he and I strongly disagreed with Bradley’s insistence that he should go outside, and I felt strongly that his being outside would only effect his health detrimentally.  We argued he and I, and there might have been some crying and yelling - we don’t really need to point fingers about that, but we got through it in the end.

Sadly, the fires and the weather will prevent the kids going to school tomorrow, and no costume parade for Bradley for Halloween.  And more than likely, he and I will have further disagreements regarding me not letting Bradley go outside to play.  The worst though, is knowing that the winds will likely keep Bradley from being able to go Trick or Treating this year.  We will look into the hope that we can take him to the Mall or something to find some place where he can practice his treat gathering.

I guess time will tell.  For now, Sydney and I are busy delving through the corridors of Downton all  while waiting for Madison to return home from her date.  Yes, she had a date tonight to go to a Haunted House.  Hmm, can’t wait to hear how the evening has gone.  😁.  Downton and date details...what a great way to end a night.

One more day in the Challenge.  Happy 31 For 21 Blog Challenge from a very Windy City with such terrible air quality.  Good night all!


No comments:

Post a Comment