Monday, October 8, 2018

Monday!!

As Monday’s go, well... every year this is probably my favorite Monday of the year.  Old school folks call it Columbus Day, new age folks choose another name for it...I call it Columbus Day.  And I love Columbus Day for the simple reason that it is still a Federal Holiday, which means my guy has the day off work every Columbus Day.  And while my kids grumble on the way to school, he and I send them on their way and then we go have breakfast or something else datelike.  It’s the BEST!  And usually each year includes a nap.  It’s crazy at our house people.  No really, our house is busy and crazy so when we get a kid free morning...we mutually and silently agree that a nap is mandatory.  😉.

And then when the bus got here, Bradley was over-joyed to see Daddy waiting to greet him off the bus.  Maybe leaving the bus isn’t so bad after all.  Haha.  So we ate sandwiches for lunch, well ... Dad and I ate sandwiches, while Bradley took like two bites and then managed to mow through more than his fair share of Potato chips.  By then the girls were home from school too.  They retreat to their rooms for homework while Bradley, Dad and I hang out together all over the place - because Bradley can’t seem to stay in one place for very long.  Good grief.

Dad went off to class while the girls and Bradley and I headed up the hill to Sports Academy where the girls would try on the rest of their uniforms before ordering.  They are so excited they could barely contain themselves.  Maybe with that excitement in them it helped power a really great Volleyball clinic for the girls which was really fun to watch.  At the same time, I was able to spend the time catching up with a dear friend whose daughter plays on Sydney’s team.

As for Bradley, he had a busy night.  Once we got up there, I pulled him out of his stroller and he ran around amongst all the people looking for his sisters.  After making sure they were actually there, he then proceeded to run around and visit everyone else, frequesntly stopping at random gentlemen to try and take their hands and/or hug them, to which I kept repeating, “ That’s not Daddy” followed by “I’m so sorry!”  Good news, not one of them overly reacted in any negative way, though a few kind of grinned and then moved away.  But hey, is what it is after all.

So after making three breaks for the volleyball courts, I managed to get Bradley to explore the non-Court areas and then after turning in circles quite a bit telling me that he was overwhelmed, I asked if he wanted his movie, to which he told me yes, and when we got over to his stroller, he climbed up and settled in for it.  A few minutes later and he was asleep.  A bit later, I tried to take his movie,  it woke him up enough to have him sit up, turn it on and then asked to finally eat.  Power nap I guess.

By the time we left he was ready for bed, so that when we got home it was jammies, meds and he was down for the count on the changing table before even getting to his bed.  A busy night for the girls and the little boy, and now all three ar sacked out, storing endless energy for another run at the world tomorrow.  Madison will head to ASL after school and Bradley and I will be taking Sydney to her last Volleyball game for the High School Season.  Just another busy Tuesday.

Now you know why naps fall into the mandatory category when the chances arrive, life is busy and exhausting...but for the most part, a lot of fun.


No comments:

Post a Comment