Thursday, October 16, 2014

Day 16: My Guest Blogger


Sydney had to write a report about someone in her family.  It was called an Ancestor Report., She chose to write about her brother.  When it came time to present, her Dad and I brought Bradley in to her classroom.  She prepared by bringing in all our books about Down syndrome, and she made sure she had a list of facts that she could refer to, to answer any questions.    So for today's Blog, I am honored to have my daughter be my guest blogger.  I typed up her Ancestor Report.  I hope you enjoy, and if you take the time to read it, please leave her a comment, she'll be absolutely thrilled!

Bradley Burnett

     Bradley Burnett is my little brother, so he is still alive.  I chose to tell you about him because he has an interesting life.  He was born in Yokosuka, Japan, January 9th 2010, and he was diagnosed with Down Syndrome.  My sister and I are his two older siblings. 

     Bradley is four years old and he has already had sixteen surgeries.  When he as 1 1/2, he couldn't digest his food, so he had to get a button inserted into his stomach.  He might have it for the rest of his life.  Ever since then, he has been a constant medical project.  Once, he had a hernia, and another time he caught pneumonia.  He was even born a little cross-eyed.  Despite his disabilities, he will always be my favorite little boy.  

I've told you about one half of my brother's life, so now for his happy side!  Bradley is home-schooled, and his first language is American Sign Language.  I, myself, am learning sign language too, so I can talk to him.  Next to his shadow, I am his best friend, but whenever he finds his shadow he is all smiles and giggles.  He love play blocks, and watch the Wiggles, and Sofia the First on TV.  My brother also has an ipad.  It is his favorite thing, and he can find anything he wants on it.  He's a whiz with the thing!  Also, Bradley laughs alot.  He has such an adorable laugh, you have to laugh with him.  (just not to loud, he's sensitive to noise)

Well, now you know everything about this blue-eyed, blonde-haired container of joy that loves to give out hugs and say "Bye-bye!" at passing cars.  I enjoyed writing this story, and I hope you enjoyed reading everything.  Now, you are probably wondering what Down Syndrome is.  It is getting hard to explain what it is is, so, I brought a book based on it that you can read.  That is my ancestor report on Bradley Burnett.  I hope you found his life very interesting.  Now that you've read about him, maybe you can meet him!   

Sydney Burnett
5th Grade

No comments:

Post a Comment