Friday, October 24, 2014

Quiet Night, Peaceful Night? Please?

Day 24:  Can We Get a Reset?

There are some days that you just wish you could go back to bed and try it again.  With Bradley's ears fighting against us like they are, we are trying to keep him pain free...sort of doing that.  Sadly, the Pharmacist looked at me and told me that his pain medicine would probably make him sleepy...I wanted to slap him.  Sure enough, the pain medicine is trying to work on the pain but at the same time it winds him up like a top, but at the same time it makes him sleepy...  So guess who decided that he didn't need a nap today?  But guess who really needed one?  Yeah, the same kid.

We had a busy day, he played blocks, and puzzles and with his Dino Popper...we watched Sofia the First a few times, some Bones because that sometimes puts him to sleep.  We played peek-a-boo down the hall where he ran after me, said: Boo, then he chased me back down the hall and over and over...one of us started getting tired but it wasn't him.  I mean he was tired, wayyyyy, tired...but refused to sleep.  He even rode backseat shotgun to get Madison from school, and he stayed awake the whole time.  Rode to McDonald's to get a drink and stall for time, then to school and waited for her...in all that time, not even a yawn! Me, yes...but we're talking about Bradley remember.

Back at home again...the ride gave him his second, no wait...third wind!  Now Sydney is enlisted to play, Mom is working on dinner, trying to get it in the oven to then get Brdley in a bath, cause now we're at THAT point, you know the one where every time you turn around he's crying about something.  Like, um....the shadow moved and he couldn't find his buddy anymore.  Or, someone told him he couldn't climb into the mirror with himself...wow, that was way rough!

I have the potatoes ready, the chicken ready to be cut up and thrown into the oven and one of those things happens, those everything moves into slow motion as you see what is going to happen but can't stop it.  I'm looking at Eric's Project for class, I hear Bradley come running down the hall towards me.  I turn to him as he tries to grab the barstool, and as he misses my hands are reaching for and missing him as he falls forward and hits the edge of the counter with his forehead.  With everything moving in slow motion you would think I could have caught up with him, but no....nope, he has the big bump on his forehead to prove it.

So he whacks his head and then everything starts moving in fast forward, I scoop him up and force him to let me keep ice on his head until he resorts to kicking, hitting and trying to hurt me.   Forget the evening dose of pain medicine, we gave him Ibuprofen and could see it start to bring the bump down.  Thank God!  No nausea, no retching, no blackout...bump formed out and started easing with the little bit of ice and Ibuoprofen.  Relief!!!!!

Eric gave him a bath, got him ready for bed and sat with him in the rocking chair.  Finally, finally he started to settle down, until he calmed, quieted and went to sleep.  Luckily, my monitor is a video monitor and I can hear him breathe.  Kind of creepy when you wake up disoriented in the middle of the night, but tonight it will be comforting as I wake every couple hours with or without him.  I'm hoping he'll sleep twelve hours, but I have this feeling that he and I are going to be checking the stars at one point and maybe watching the sunrise a bit later.

Since he dropped off before his night time medicine, I'll have it ready to pop into him at his first rising.  We just need him to rest and rest well, and then we just have to get through five more days before we get his ears fixed....why does five days suddenly feel like fifty?  Sigh!!!

Friday night or not, 8:33 at night or not...little guy is down and Momma is following along as quickly as possible.  Lightweight?  Yeah maybe.  So.... There are worse things to be called.  :-).

Good night all, happy Friday and yeah to the end of another week, we are just exhausted in this house!

No comments:

Post a Comment