Monday, October 26, 2020

Halloween and Cheesy Movies

 October 26, 2020

A historic day, and yes I called my girls in to watch the latest Justice be sworn in to the Supreme Court.  Such moments should be witnessed, and I think young enough that they will remember where they were and who they were with when it happened.  Given that most momentous occasions have a tendency to be such negative and traumatic events...this was just momentous.  

From History to cheesy Lifetime movies.  

Having decided that News isn’t conducive to my good health or good mood, I went in search of something to play in the background while I wrote today’s Blog and tried to ignore the fact that my Junior is busy trying out for the High School Varsity Volleyball team.  

So I stopped at the Lifetime Channel and watched the end of the cheesiest Christmas movie ever, which made me miss the Hallmark Christmas movies.  But I have standards, so I refrained form checking out the Hallmark Christmas movie channel and stopped at Lifetime because “Christmas With the Kranks” is starting.  Christmas?  I know, I know.  What in the world am I thinking?  Yeah I don’t know, nothing else looked all that good, and this moving makes me laugh every time...even right before Halloween.  I will say that the book was even funnier than the movie, but that’s all right - distraction is key!  And why is it that the Lifetime channel thinks that we can all follow along easily and not care that they are chopping the movie to bits?  Considering they have already chopped some of the funny parts in the movie, I’m wondering if it’s worth it.  A disappointing distraction it would seem.  

So my kiddo is super nervous, and so is her mom.  So while Dad took her, I am here hanging out with Bradley; who is already asleep, which makes him the best and worst Monday night date ever.  Him sleeping ever, is truly the best so I will forgive him the slight to my entertaining personality by sleeping.  

Of course, he also chose to sleep the twenty minutes before and first twenty five minutes of therapy today too.  He made it through the first two therapies awake, but that could be because he wore his Ironman costume and practiced Trick or Treating through the office, which he truly enjoyed. The nice part of having therapy three days a week - he gets to wear a different costume for each day.  Today, Ironman. Wednesday I have a 50’s Greaser planned, and Friday he’s going to be a baseball player.  Friday is usually working out to be jersey day, so - seems the best plan.  And if I can’t get him to wear a white t-shirt or his jacket...not sure how the Wednesday costume will work.  His last haircut turned into a buzz cut because someone kept moving...so not sure he has enough hair to grease to stand up...but we’ll try all the same.  Worst case, I’ll put him in brown pants and his Baby Yoda sweatshirt, which would be just as cute.  

And lucky for him, I had a telemedicine appointment this morning and so he didn’t have to jump onto his classroom.  But I meant to put him on the very last session of the day - but someone might have completely forgotten about that last session.  Turns out he really needed a good lunch and a nap before his Behavior Therapy this afternoon.  Once he woke up, he had a great session.  

Then tonight, Bradley decided to do his now nightly tradition of walking into the dark hallway and looking inside my room, we think looking at the lights on the computer blinking.  It’s weird and we really don’t get it, but he has been doing this every night for ten days now.  He just sits there, doesn’t make a sound, until we come get him and start the bedtime routine. Tonight, things were a little different.  Madison walked out of her room and he surprised her by yelling: “Ahhhhh” to which she answered with a scream, because he scared the spit out of her.  It was an epic scare!  I chuckle every time I remember it. And I have been chuckling off and on all night!  :-)  

So all in all, it was a pretty good day.  

SO anyway, my next Christmas movie probably won’t be until after Nov 1st, but one has to wonder if; based on the past seven months, perhaps some funny Christmas movies are not completely out of the question and perhaps should be encouraged.  If I didn’t want to actually pay attention to what I am writing and maybe spell some things correctly - perhaps have it make sense - I would be listening to Downton Abby.  But I do that and I find that I end up actually watching and not just listening, and well...I finish the blog when the episode is done and end up getting to sleep way too late.  HAHA...  

Well, Bradley is asleep next to me on the couch, so I think it’s time to take little man in and put him to bed, it’s been a pretty busy and eventful day.  As for me, just another ten minutes til the tryouts are over...not sure when we’ll know from there, but one anxiety filled moment at a time.  ;-)  

Have a great night all!  



No comments:

Post a Comment