Tuesday, October 29, 2013

A Little Sydney

There has been a lot about Madison being mixed in lately, drama sometimes takes the center stage.  So since I don't want you all to think that Sydney has left the family or anything crazy like that, I wanted to reassure you that she is still making this family run and making this family laugh.

So for all my Sydney fans, this one is for you guys!

As you all know, we've been waiting for Bradley to talk.  We sign to him and sometimes he signs back...sometimes like today, he gives me two signs together, which is truly exciting!  Anyway, for a while now he's made these g sounds...and they are like goo's and gaa's...well in the last few weeks he's been repeating the sounds together.  Sounds like "goo gaa" and to us it sounded like "Good God."  Well, it sounded enough like this that Eric would say: "Good God!" every time Bradley would say it and then we'd all laugh.  So hearing Bradley sound like he is trying to say "Good God!" more and more we changed it to try and get "Good Golly"...yeah, only that sound he can't make.

So this is how this evening started:

As I was in turning on the computer so Sydney could do her homework, Sydney comes into our room to show me her pens that our friend sent her from Japan.  She draws a squiggle and then says, "Watch!" then proceeds to erase the squiggle.  "Cool right!?"

I tell her, "Yes, very cool Sydney!  Those are very cool pens and should you be missing one, you shouldn't look for it on my nightstand."

She stops and looks at me for a second, "Wha???  Ohhhh!!!!  HAHA you're funny mom!"  Off she goes to the kitchen to finish writing the part of her homework she has to type.

A little later, I hear Bradley in the living room and he's making the "goo gaa" phrase again.  So then I hear Sydney yelling from the kitchen:

"Daddy, Bradley is saying 'Good God' again."

Dad, being a brat yells back:  "Tell your Mom."

Before I can respond to tell him he's a brat, Sydney yells again: "Mom, you need to tell Daddy that he has to stop saying that to Bradley!"

Thank you Sydney!

There you go, sometimes the challenge is to keep from laughing out loud and letting Sydney how much control she has in running this house!  ;-)   Can you believe it, 29 days into the Challenge and only two days left!  Have a great night everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment