Sunday, October 20, 2013

Party Town

So here's some clinical information for you...  Did you know that San Diego is quite the party town?  Yes, most of you did I see.  Uh-huh...but did you also know that the only time you sleep when you are an almost four year old little boy, is in the car...and the longest sleep you get in a twenty-four hour period will be in HomeTown Buffet?  Yes, that's proven...I've done my research.  I think I can also prove that it has to be the HomeTown Buffet on Clairemont Drive too.  Apparently, there is something piped through the air system that knocked out my son and only my son, who slept through the noise of people eating, laughing, talking, some crying...some people walking by...all of it...didn't phase him one bit.  He did wake enough to devour a half a plate of food...but that took a mere five, maybe ten minutes.

And this is how I know that San Diego is the party town you don't sleep in.  After a much needed bath and snuggly pajamas, my little man sat and watched Monsters Inc. until his eyes closed and he started to melt into himself.  For his protection and comfort I took the movie away which woke him right up!  We're talking what a great eight hours sleep I just had in that fifteen minutes, why would I need more?  Fast forward thirty minutes and he was asleep, we thought down for the count for the night...we thought wrong!  That's what we get for thinking.  We were in San Diego, did I mention it's a party town that no one sleeps in?

So staying at my Dad's, all the kids have one room.  The girls sack out in their sleeping bags and Bradley sleeps in a crib, a real one...I think that one was Sydney's and the one he has at home was Madison's?  That however could be completely backwards, but it's a matter of semantics and property ownership now lies in the fact that Bradley owns both of them.  What a spoiled kid!  Anyway, the girls drift off pretty quick, they were quite tired after the day we had had and I would have been stunned had they made it as late as they wanted to make it.  As it is, they made it barely past when I was wanting them to sleep... 7:00, HAHA just kidding, even I think that is almost too early, I really wanted them out by 8:30.  :-)

First wake-up call came at 11:30.  I'd barely finished my blog for the day and had just turned off the light. Eric had fallen asleep moments before with his finger in mid-swipe on a Candy Crush level and I had just sat down ready to fall out myself when Bradley started crying.  He settled himself and a few minutes later I hear Madison yelling at Dad and then me in her sleep.  Not too much later, Bradley is up and crying again.  So Eric got up with us and actually rocked Bradley back to sleep.  Okay...off to sleep we go.  Two hours later...Bradley is up again, crying in his sleep at first.  Strange. I would have let him go but while he's crying I have Sydney behind me yelling at him in her sleep.  Feeling kind of stuck between a rock and a hard place, I take him to the living room and rock him back to sleep.  Back to the bed...back to sweet sleep...back to Bradley not two hours later.  More night time grumblings from the girls, though neither one is awake.  Talk about your harshest critics.

Finally, at his 4:30 check in, he and I go and stay on the couch.  He goes back to sleep and I just hold him and he stays asleep till 7:00 when an internal clock in his head chimes "Colors" and hour too early.  He's up and traipsing through the house till he can ensure that every other person in the house is also awake and ready to continue the party in San Diego.  What does that consist of?  Oh, well let me tell you!  That consists of following Bradley through my Dad's house, which is furnished much like a 20 year-old male College students apartment.  Sparse, with more videos than furniture.  And yet, it's surprisingly not kid proof.  I look at the place and think, what can he get into?  I mean really.  And then it's running along behind him as he strikes mayhem throughout, thoroughly intent on knowing where everything is so that it can be brought to his level in the most expedient way possible...which is mostly by his small arm sweeping in a larger than believed motion.  Kid can really cover some ground.

Needless to say, home is sweet upon our arrival.  Bradley is busy acquainting himself with all the toys that he knows missed him.  His cats are nowhere to be found once they took the requisite ten minutes to voice their utmost outrage that we would leave them at all, let alone leave them in the same two rooms together.  The food and water is never fresh enough.  I had to search to find the second bowl of water to the extent that I thought I had forgotten to put it down.  But no, our crazy cat likes to shove the water bowl across the floor, I think she does it to drive me crazy.  Well, to portray her displeasure, Yuna dragged the spare dish which was just a plastic bowl, so that sucker had no weight to keep it in place, and it was halfway across the kitchen.  That might be a distance record.  I'd keep track of this stat, but at the moment, the idea of ever leaving the house overnight with Bradley again is daunting at best.

As for Bradley, we know his esophagus is giving him some trouble but we thought the new medicine was helping.  So I guess tonight will be a big test for all of us.  Will he settle in his own bed and be happy there?  Will he acknowledge that this is a sleepy town and just give in to it, or will this turn into the party town?  If the party continues tonight, I'll be making an appointment to meet with his Pediatric GI.  Esophageal damage is no joke, so we won't be waiting too long to make sure that all is well in that area.

Hopefully, San Diego is just a party town and home is where the sleepy live!  If you need me, I'll be the one drinking coffee in order to stay awake for "The Walking Dead" tonight! ;-)

Happy Sunday everyone!  After a great weekend and Buddy Walk, feeling super inspired and tired, and ready to keep up the "31 for 21: Challenge"!  Thanks for tagging along with us!  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment