Sunday, October 11, 2015

A Peaceful Sunday

As the weekend comes to a close, I have two kiddos starting to feel better (I think, and I hope) and though Eric is still super sore from his visit to the Cath Lab on Thursday, he is starting to feel better too.  The new meds are even making a difference and he is breathing better.  I even think that he could help me change the sheets and not get out of breath this time.

Bradley chose a five am start to the day, so I have to admit that I might have done a little head bobbing during the Royals game...a tragic loss that.  I found it interesting that this game was more of a bummer than losing game one in the series and it was made that way by the complete bias of the announcers.  Way to make a game more unfun....it's a technical term.  So tomorrow is all or nothing and I hope to be awake the whole game.  I hope.

The evening rounded out with the girls playing together for a little while, Sydney is very upset that her French Horn is not sounding right as the loops that are supposed to be saudered together are coming apart and creating havoc with her notes.  After some snarling at each other, they managed to end the evening by spending some time with their brother.

I like "The Wiggles", it doesn't bother me that Bradley wants them over and over.  Nebulizer treatments are easier if he has "The Big Red Car" playing on YouTube during the treatment...no fight, no crying...I'll take it!

But on a night like tonight, I love "The Wiggles".  Tonight, my daughters started dancing and as a direct result, my little guy stood up and started busting his move.  Watching his little booty shake is the cutest thing ever, I just love it.  Hearing him laughing from the belly at his sisters as they dance and act silly for him, that always does my heart good.

So they all went to bed happy, and thanks to my little alleged snooze during the game earlier, I was able to stay completely awake for the Premier of the new season of "The Walking Dead."  It's like "The Wiggles" for adults...only less dancing, no singing, lots of blood, gore and violence, oh and learning that the true monsters are human.  So not completely unlike "Scooby Doo."  See, we did learn stuff when we were kids and didn't have computers!

Our house is just like most others.  Our kids laugh, dance, and play.  We say a prayer before meals and all eat together most every night, sometimes sports or school takes one of us away, but the rest of us eat together.  We each have that one weird thing that gets us excited and makes Mom glad for DVR because Bradley took a little longer to fall asleep tonight than usual.

Hope you had a great Sunday.  Our house did.  Our family enjoyed just being a family, and some days that's the greatest of gifts!



No comments:

Post a Comment