Saturday, October 24, 2015

Just Another Saturday

Saturdays are a mixed bag at our house.  Bradley believes that sleeping in is a crime against nature.  A day when everyone is home is a day that should start as early possible and keep at it for all the hours of the day.  In fact, if mom would stop driving into LA he wouldn't even nap but the car invariably puts him to sleep.  He wants to stay awake, but he can't.  Sigh, poor guy.

So after his nap, we hit Party City, because I am insane.  Twenty million people all trying to get a Halloween custome.  Okay, maybe about fifty, but the girls were completely spacey about their choices for what they wanted to be this year.  Madison finally chose Minnie Mouse (yeah, I don't know...) and Sydney wanted to be a 50's Sock hop girl, but the costume was too big.  We know this because it took her about thirty minutes to try it on and determine that it was way too big.  So she decided to be a goddess.  An hour later, we left the place.  I was never more grateful to leave a store in my life!

Bradley is going to be a Jedi.  His costume I ordered after we got home.  God Bless Amazon.  I tried to get him a Superman costume but they didn't have his size.  I know, a week before Halloween here, things get sold out.  I was okay with that, I expected that to happen.  I didn't anticipate there being so few costumes that didn't have a hat or a mask...Bradley won't do hats or masks... I don't think he will...I mean he might, but I wasn't interested in forking out the dough to find out he wouldn't wear a hat or mask.  So Jedi it is.

We came home and I unsuccessfully tried again to register us for the Orange County Buddy Walk.  This has been ongoing for a while now.  I thought the San Diego website was tough, hah!  I wish we were using that one right now!  I'll try again tomorrow, but probably just call Monday.  We're late on this one this year too.  We didn't do the San Diego Buddy Walk this year because Eric's health has been pretty iffy, and his exhaustion and trouble breathing didn't make the trip feasible.  Orange County is doing theirs on Nov 1sr, we're shooting for that one.  Eric is feeling better, so we think we can do this one.  So, Anaheim or Bust next Sunday.

Frustrated by the website, I gave that up and made BBQ chicken and mashed potatoes for dinner.  I gave Bradley his first taste of the potatoes with BBQ sauce gravy and he actually signed more.  It was awesome!  But he actually got more excited by the salad, I think that made me even happier.  The girls and dad, really pleased by their dinner too, so great!  So a successful meal.

How do you end this kind of a Saturday?  Easy, put a very tired little boy to bed and then watch an epic B-Rated - and actually kind of funny movie with the girls.  Orcs and dragons, oh my!  If only we could get Sydney shut her mouth during the movie, we'll enjoy them too!  Sigh...

Happy Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment